Keep It Super Simple. This is something they taught me at work and it was the main rule when talking to clients. Suddenly, I realized this is something I could use in my own life.
Since I came out to myself, I’ve been overthinking about how to come out to my family, how to tell my friends, how will people react, will they accept me, are they gonna take it seriously, is it something i will be able to talk about… and then I just realized, KEEP IT SUPER SIMPLE.
- You’ll come out to your family when you’re ready and you don’t have to make it a big thing, just say what you need to say and keep it super simple.
- Your friends love you no matter what and if some don’t like who you truly are then they’re not your friends at all.
- It doesn’t matter how people will react or not. You have to be okay with yourself and if you are then all those that surround you will be.
- You have to accept yourself first and then, yourself. That’s how life is, you can’t base your happiness on people, period. So don’t worry about people not accepting you because once you accept yourself, that’s all you truly need. Remember, keep it super simple.
- The people around you will take it as serious as you take it. If they see you 100% sure, they’ll know its a 100% true.
- Find people who you can talk with but know that not everyone will be on board with the conversation of it and they’ll just let it flow. And don’t get me wrong, sometimes that’s the best.
It gets better, and I know maybe you’re tired of people telling you that, I know I was. But I promise, I really really promise, it really gets better. And with your rushing and intrusive thoughts, just KISS them away.
If you want someone to talk to, I’ll always be here.